Santa baby, slip a Rolex under the tree, for me
I’ve been an awful good guy, Santa buddy
And hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa buddy, a ‘65 convertible too, steel blue
I’ll wait up for you dude, Santa buddy
And hurry down the chimney tonight.
Think of all the fun I missed
Think of all the hotties that I never kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you check off my Christmas list.
Santa pal-ly, I want a yacht
And really that’s not a lot.
I’ve been a sweetie all year, Santa buddy
So hurry down the chimney tonight.
- suffered an abusive childhood because of her alcoholic father
- in trinidad and tobago
- who once tried to kill her mother and burn down their house
- worked 15 service jobs before releasing her first mix tape
- didn’t get shit from record companies until her third mix tape
- makes music that constantly challenges long held ideas
- raps about ‘opulence’ because she deserves it and worked for what she had
- was raised by a single mother
- speaks often about how difficult that life was and that his family was often poor
- raps about money and getting rich because he never had any even when he was on degrassi (which apparently they paid him fuck all for) and the money going to his family
- grew up in a stable household
- put her EP on soundcloud at 16
- had record companies fighting to get her because a 16 year old white girl is marketable to them
- disses drake and nicki minaj for rapping about opulence and considers them ‘irrelevant’
oh wow go lorde you’re so great oh wow
and you know, celebrating the diversity we have and asking for more of it are not diametrically opposed
movie about sisters? fuck yeah!
but they didn’t have to be white sisters
or straight or cis
"this is great, now do better" is not being dismissive or ungrateful
and, frankly, neither is “fuck this, this isn’t good enough any more”
in this story, your mother isn’t the villain.
in this story, you find a way to pick the lock, to wake up, to climb out of the tower yourself.
in this story, you’re angry.
in this story, you meet a dragon and
it is afraid of you.
in this story, you don’t need to be saved.
in this story, your mother raised you
to recognize a prison from a home.
in this story, they don’t fall in love with you before they know you.
in this story, they aren’t better than you.
in this story, you have claws.
in this story, happily ever after has bite marks in it.
in this story, you are free and terrifying.
in this story, you get away.
in this story, you bleed.
in this story, you survive.
Turns out there is a price to pay for protecting your rainforests.
This is fucking important! Sign and reblog.
wow this is outrageous, why isn’t this going around? from the link:
Infinito Gold, a Canadian mining company, just slapped Costa Rica with a $1 billion lawsuit simply because the country decided its rainforests were more important than an open-pit gold mine.
Lauded as one of the countries with the most beautiful rainforests, it’s no wonder Costa Rica rejected Infinito’s mine. Costa Rica’s rainforest is home to many endangered species such the green macaw. Gold mining also uses toxic chemicals such as cyanide, which often leaks into and pollutes nearby lakes and rivers.
A subsidiary of Infinito Gold has announced that a massive lawsuit is “imminent”, so we need to act now. If thousands of us stand together, we can show Infinito that countries such as Costa Rica should have the right to protect their rainforests without being persecuted by corporations.
please sign and reblog!
Oh sorry, Infinito, please excuse for trying to prolong the survival of the human race and protect animals that could go extinct with your interference. Shiny things are obviously more important.
What the actual fuck.
i laughed so hard at the “i don’t know” and “something is wrong”
the twilight one is like abstract poetry
If you read it all together it’s like the most awkward, tense conversation ever.
"My name is Katniss Everdeen," I sighed. Nothing happened.
"I don’t know," he sighed.
Harry looked around, I shake my head and shrugged.
Harry stared. “I am seventeen years old.”
I frowned and he waited.
"My home is District 12."
Harry chuckled and said nothing. Now I wish I had.
I laughed. We looked at each other. I swallowed hard. He shrugged. Harry blinked and hesitates. I flinched.
He looked around. “I’m not really surprised.”
I took a deep breath, something he didn’t have last time. “Something is wrong.”
He didn’t answer. He stood up.
^^^^^^^^^ holY SHIT